Great! You are learning to say "NO." Now, let's talk about some things to say "YES' to!
Certified Nutritionist and Personal Trainer Marina James-Galvin and I have created the following reminders...
These are in no particular order - they are ALL important! Remember, “Everything you say yes to means you are saying no to something else. Are you saying yes to the right things?” - Melanie Benson Strick
1. MAKE SLEEP A TOP PRIORITY. Getting 7-9 hours of solid sleep is key to keeping your emotional, physical, and immune system at top notch.
2. STAY HYDRATED THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH PURIFIED WATER (even on those cooler days). How much water are you actually drinking per day? If you weigh 160 pounds, for example, you will want to drink at least 80 ounces (1/2 of your body weight in ounces) of water throughout the day. You may count herbal tea as part of this equation, but NOT coffee or sodas. When feeling "off" or during illness, be sure to drink "Essentia" water - this water helps to restore the body to the correct 80% alkaline state, along with restoring electrolytes. (Found at Whole Foods and most health food stores.) For optimal health, start every day with one quart of Essentia water and do not eat any food for an hour or two - this turns the body to an alkaline state, and flushes toxins. It is very difficult for any disease to live in a body that is 80% alkaline and 20% acidic.
3. DRINK A DAILY GREEN DRINK FOR OPTIMAL HEALTH. One of the best for healing and prevention of disease is made from cucumber, celery, green and/or yellow squash, and Romaine lettuce.
4. MAKE EXERCISE A TOP PRIORITY IN YOUR LIFE. If extremely stressed, do not do strenuous exercise. Consider yoga - even 10 minutes of stretching will lower your stress hormones (cortisol, adrenaline, and insulin). At other times, look into power walking, hiking, swimming, weight-training, more yoga, dance, etc. You will feel lighter, happier, and more fit!
6. KEEP PROCESSED FOODS, FAST FOODS, FRIED FOODS, SUGARY FOODS, SOFT DRINKS, ALCOHOL, AND CAFFEINE TO A MINIMUM. Ideally, eliminate them all together. Also, try to eat organic and locally grown foods whenever possible. For optimal health, become an educated vegan. Take some time to learn about your cookware as well. Most of it sold in America, (even expensive cookware), leaches toxic, heavy metals into foods - we both use Saladmaster cookware, which does not.
7. WATCH A FUNNY MOVIE OR READ A FUNNY BOOK. This creates more "happy" cells that vibrate throughout your body. Try to minimize watching disturbing images on TV or the Internet, including the news.
8. ENJOY QUIET TIME IN NATURE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE. Whether alone, or with a small group of friends/relatives, communing with Nature heals the soul. Consider meditating at beautiful and inspiring locales.
9. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH FURRY CHILDREN. Pets radiate healing, loving energy. If you don't have a pet, go visit a friend or family member who does. (Then, if inspired, rescue a loving animal to nurture and feel the love returned ten-fold.)
10. REMEMBER TO BREATHE THROUGHOUT THE DAY. Give yourself long, deep breaths. We can go ten days without food, but normally only 4-6 minutes without air. This should highlight the importance of the breath to nourish all our cells.
11. SCHEDULE REGULAR MASSAGE WORK. Massage is proven to assist every single system of the body, and there are wonderful mental and emotional benefits as well. This is not a luxury - this is sound preventative and restorative health care. To find a qualified massage therapist in your area, visit the American Massage Therapy Association.
12. ON SUNNY DAYS, TRY TO GET AT LEAST 15 MINUTES OF SUN SHINING ON YOUR PINEAL GLAND, VIA THE "THIRD EYE" IN YOUR FOREHEAD. This helps with vital and natural Vitamin D production throughout the body.
Here is why... whenever you have sharp pain, there is inflammation. Although heat may feel good temporarily, you are actually exacerbating the problem by adding to the inflammation.
The ice stops the inflammation, and when released, the blood flow returning to the area is very healing. I know, I know, a hot bath or shower feels soooooo good, but when in sharp pain, DON'T do it!
Remember the acronym of RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation
If dull pain, you may use heat, but never with sharp pain, OK? :)
NOW, LET'S LOOK AT WAYS TO HELP PREVENT AND HELP CURE VIRTUALLY ANY ILLNESS OR DISEASE. TO YOUR HEALTH!
KATHY OZZARD CHISM
B.A., LMT, NCTMB
Holistic Wellness Educator,
Author, Motivational Speaker,
Bach Flower™ Therapist,
Wellness Boutique Owner, Plant-Based
(Photo courtesy of Alexis Emm)
All wellness sessions
are by appointment only.
Call or email her today
to schedule a new you! :)
TO LIKE... AND LOVE!
KNOW this website
is not intended to convince or convert, but rather to suggest tools for healing that have worked for me
and countless others.
Please pass the link
for this site on
to others whom you
think may benefit.